Digital Detox - Day 2

  • 10:30 - Woke up naturally, without an alarm (curtains open, somehow I was able to sleep for almost 5 hours with sunlight)
  • 11:00-2:00 - Got out of bed, ate breakfast, read, played piano and guitar for my bird. I obviously have a lot to do with my time (I'm not getting many hours at work)
  • 2:00-5:15 - Worked out, read more. Tried to find the chess board, but it seems to have been misplaced
  • 5:30 - Left for work after beating my dad at makeshift chess (using pocket change and checkers on a (checkers board)
  • 11:30 - Made a test run of sangria
  • 12:30 - Beat my co-Digital Detoxer at chess
  • 1:30 - Slept on co-DD's floor among the articles littering his floor

I'm starting to learn to cope with the lack of constant electronic entertainment. The most difficult thing is time spent driving because I'm driving in silence, sans radio. to fill the void, I either get lost in thought or experiment with beat boxing. I find that I'm having more and more diverse songs popping into my head, from "Don't stop me now" by Queen to "Immigrant Song" by Zepplin. I'm not sure if theses songs are occurring at a higher frequency from before or it it's just more noticeable due to the lack of actual music (aside from what I've played, myself). I also find that I keep dreaming about the internet, which is particularly abnormal because I normally don't dream (Yes, yes! We all dream every night for most of the night. I mean that I don't remember them, fool!).

0 Responses on "Digital Detox - Day 2"

Post a Comment